In conjunction with the 14th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks, and Technologies ANT 2023
March 15 – 17, 2023, Leuve, Belgium.
Research on Agents and Multi-Agent Systems has matured during the last decade and many effective applications of this technology are now deployed. SARL-23 provides an international forum to present and discuss the latest scientific developments and their effective applications, to assess the impact of the approach, and to facilitate technology transfer.
SARL workshop was born with the SARL agent programming language, but the scientific results presented in SARL-23 are not restricted to SARL; other languages and agent platforms may be presented.
SARL aims at providing the fundamental abstractions for dealing with concurrency, distribution, interaction, decentralization, reactivity, autonomy and dynamic reconfiguration. These high-level features are now considered as the major requirements for an easy and practical implementation of modern complex software applications. We are convinced that the agent-oriented paradigm holds the keys to effectively meet this challenge. Considering the variety of existing approaches and meta-models in the field of agent-oriented engineering and more generally multi-agent systems, our approach remains as generic as possible and highly extensible to easily integrate new concepts and features.
The goal of SARL-23 is to provide a place where the different points of view on the modeling and the simulation with agent platforms and agent programming languages may be discussed.
SARL-23 will be held in Leuven, Belgium (March 15-17, 2023) in conjunction with the 14th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks, and Technologies (ANT 2023).
The main topics of the SARL-23 workshop are (but not restricted to):
- Methods and Models:
- Agent based Modeling and Simulation
- Agent programming language
- Agent based Simulation
- Agent oriented analysis and design methods
- Ontologies and theories about large urban systems
- Formal models of agent-based simulation
- Organizational models
- Smart grids and smart buildings
- Submission deadline: November 30, 2022
- Notification: December 12, 2022
- Final date for camera-ready copy: January 9, 2023
- Workshop: March 15-17, 2023
All workshop accepted papers will be included in the conference proceeding published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line.
The submitted paper must be formatted according to the guidelines of Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier. You are invited to submit full length papers in PDF format on EasyChair, not exceeding 6 pages in length, in single-column format including diagrams and references, and following the Procedia Computer Science guidelines. Papers that do not follow these guidelines may be rejected without consideration of their merits. You could use the following Word template or LaTeX template.
All papers will be reviewed by at least two Program Committee members on the basis of technical quality, originality, clarity, and relevance to the track topics listed below. At least one author of each paper must attend the workshop to present the paper.
- Stéphane GALLAND (Belfort-Montbeliard University of Technology, France)
- Sebastian RODRIGUEZ (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia)
- Stéphane GALLAND, UBFC, France.
- Nicolas GAUD, UBFC, France.
- Yazan MUALLA, UBFC, France.
- Ouassila Narsis Labbani, Burgundy University, France.
- Sébastian RODRIGUEZ, RMIT, Australia.
- “An agent-based model of infectious disease considering regional characteristics and human flows”. Hikaru Morikawa, Kenji Karako, Jianing Chu and Yu Chen.
- “Automatic Detection of Pure Actions within the SARL Agent-Programming Language”. Stéphane Galland, Nicolas Gaud.
- “Towards an ex-ante Specifications Assessment through a Combination of Systems Optimization and Agent-based Simulation”. Marvin M. Meck, Benedict C. Depp, John Friesen and Peter F. Pelz.
Please visit the ANT23 Registration Page for more information.
Venue, Accommodation & Visa Requirements
Please visit the ANT23 Venue & Accommodation Page for more information.